Can You Freeze Rum Balls?
Christmas is one of the best times when you can partake in your favorite recipes and have a blast. Besides the usual Christmas cakes and delicacies, you can have your favorite cookies, including rum balls. Rum balls are exciting, especially with the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, corn syrup, sugar, and spiced rum. You also have a non-alcoholic version of rum balls if you do not like to have rum. These cookies are delicious. Hence, you can lose count of how much you have. Still, you might be left with sufficient leftovers making you search for storage options.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls?
Yes, you can freeze rum balls, and they last sufficiently long for you to enjoy them fresh without compromising their taste and texture.
How Do You Freeze Rum Balls?
You can freeze rum balls, provided you take the following precautions.
- Cool the rum balls entirely to room temperature. We do not advise placing warm or hot rum balls in the freezer because it can cause condensation and affect the rum ball’s texture. Besides, the excess water content makes them soggy. Secondly, it is not good to place warm food inside the freezer because the heat can interfere with the freezing processes of other foods freezing inside.
- Generally, people tend to freeze rum balls in entire batches. However, the choice is left to the respective individual. You can freeze it in whole batches or consumable portions. The advantage of freezing batches is that they occupy less space. The chances of the balls drying out and suffering from freezer burn are less.
- However, you can freeze rum balls in small batches by packing them into appropriately-sized ziplock bags. You need a large ziplock bag if you freeze the whole batch.
- Please seal the ziplock bags in all cases after expelling the residual air. You can squeeze the bag gently or use a vacuum sealer to remove the air.
- Place the bags inside an airtight plastic container and close the container airtight.
- Please do not forget to note the freezing date on the container. It makes it easy to remove and defrost them on time.
- Push the airtight container inside the freezer and allow the contents to freeze.
How Long Can The Rum Balls Stay Fresh Inside The Freezer?
The frozen rum balls can stay fresh for two months inside the freezer.
How Do You Defrost The Frozen Rum Balls?
The rum balls can become hard when frozen. So, it would not be easy to have them straight away. Therefore, defrosting the frozen rum balls is essential.
We suggest defrosting the frozen rum balls inside the fridge by transferring the wrapped rum balls from the freezer to the refrigerator. Removing the wrapping can cause condensation and affect its texture. The difference in the temperature between the freezer and the fridge helps the rum balls to thaw gradually and naturally.
Can You Reheat The Defrosted Rum Balls?
There is no need to reheat the rum balls. Instead, you can serve them directly from the fridge after the thawing process. The defrosted rum balls become soft enough to bite. Then, you can roll them in cocoa and sugar until they are fully covered or coated with it. You can serve them well prepared this way.
Can You Refrigerate Rum Balls?
Yes, it is possible to prepare rum balls in advance and refrigerate them in the fridge for up to two weeks. Then, if you wish to store them further, you can explore freezing options.
Can You Refreeze Rum Balls?
We do not recommend refreezing rum balls because repeated defrosting and freezing can cause condensation to make the rum balls mushy.
How Do You Preserve Rum Balls?
You can preserve rum balls in an airtight container in a cool and dark place.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Bourbon Instead Of Rum?
Yes, you can freeze the non-alcoholic variant of the rum balls made with bourbon the way you freeze the rum balls.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Dark Rum?
Yes, the freezing process for rum balls made with dark rum is the same as those made with spiced rum.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Coconut Rum?
It is possible to freeze rum balls made with coconut rum. The freezing process is the same as described here.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With White Rum?
Yes, freezing rum balls made with white rum is possible.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Vanilla Rum?
Yes, rum balls made with vanilla rum can be frozen the way you freeze other rum balls.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Vanilla Wafer Cookies?
Yes, it is easy to freeze rum balls made with vanilla wafer cookies.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Graham Crackers?
Yes, you can freeze rum balls made with Graham crackers.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Butter Cookies?
Yes, it is possible to freeze rum balls made with butter cookies.
Can You Freeze Rum Jello Shots?
Theoretically, you can freeze rum jello shots. But, we do not suggest you do it.
Can You Freeze The Rum Cake?
You can freeze rum cake wrapped in plastic wrap. It prevents exposure to air and remains fresh for three to four months.
Can You Freeze Rum Babas?
It is possible to freeze rum babas for up to two months.
Can You Freeze Rum Punch?
You can freeze rum punch in ziplock freezer bags for up to two months.
Can You Freeze Rum Sauce?
Rum sauce freezes well. Hence, you can freeze rum sauce.
Can You Freeze Rum Ball Cookies?
Yes, it is possible to freeze rum ball cookies the way described in this article.
Can You Freeze Store-Bought Rum Balls?
The process of freezing store-bought and homemade rum balls is the same. So, you can freeze store-bought rum balls.
Can You Freeze Rum Balls Made With Condensed Milk?
Yes, you can freeze rum balls made with condensed milk as described here.
Rum balls are too delicious a dish to waste. Besides, you usually prepare a massive batch of rum balls during Christmas for gifting to friends. But, if they are leftover, you do not have to worry because you can freeze rum balls and store them comfortably for two months.
So, can you freeze rum balls? Yes, you can.