Spring rolls are a favorite snack of vegans and non-vegetarian lovers. Different spring rolls are available, including chicken spring rolls, egg spring rolls, vegetable spring rolls, etc. You can have them directly or along with the sauce. Since people of all ages love spring rolls, you could make more than you might need for a single session. So, how do you preserve the spring rolls to enjoy another day? Or do you have to discard them?
There is no need to discard leftover spring rolls because you can preserve them in the refrigerator for a couple of days. However, if you require storing them for extended periods, you can consider freezing spring rolls.
Can You Freeze Spring Rolls?
Yes, you can freeze this super snack and consume them later without worrying about affecting its taste and texture. However, we advise freezing cooked rolls rather than uncooked ones. Though it is possible to freeze raw rolls, the cooked spring rolls freeze much better.
How Do You Freeze Spring Rolls?
Freezing spring rolls should not be an issue. However, please ensure to prepare the rolls well for the freezing procedure.
- Cook the spring rolls as per the recipe. First, cool them down to room temperature. Please do not hurry the cooling process. Secondly, we do not advise placing the spring rolls warm into the freezer. First, warm spring rolls can experience condensation issues. As a result, the spring rolls can become mushy during the freezing process. Secondly, placing the warm spring rolls in the freezer can alter the temperature and affect other foods freezing inside.
- Take a baking tray lined with parchment or greaseproof paper. Place the cooled spring rolls on the tray while ensuring they do not touch each other. Otherwise, they could stick together and form clumps. We advise wrapping the tray tightly with a cling film sheet. It can help keep the spring rolls in place and prevent exposure to the cool air inside the freezer.
- Flash freeze the spring rolls by placing the baking tray lined with them inside the freezer box. The flash freezing process can take around two to three hours.
- Once the spring rolls solidify, you can remove them and transfer them into a freezer bag. Please ensure removing excess air from the ziplock freezer bags before sealing them. We advise not to overfill the bags. You can take more bags if necessary.
- Please write down the contents and the freezing date on the freezer bags for easy identification and monitoring.
- Place the freezer bags back into the freezer to complete the freezing process.
How Long Can You Keep The Frozen Spring Rolls In The Freezer?
You can comfortably freeze the spring rolls for three months. However, it is better to consume them quickly as freezing them can degrade the crispy spring rolls if kept beyond three months.
How Do You Defrost The Frozen Spring Rolls?
We do not recommend defrosting the frozen spring rolls. It will be a blunder you make if you defrost spring rolls. In addition, defrosting spring rolls can soften the pastry as it absorbs moisture during the freezing process. As a result, it can become soggy and mushy leading to wastage.
Instead, remove the frozen spring rolls from the freezer and place them inside a preheated oven. You can warm the spring rolls for 20 minutes until they become hot. Please ensure they become hot uniformly. You can cut a spring roll into half to ascertain whether they have been reheated thoroughly.
Can You Refreeze Spring Rolls?
No, we do not recommend refreezing spring rolls because they lose their texture completely when frozen repeatedly. The pastry content can turn soggy during the initial freezing process itself. Refreezing the spring rolls can make it worse.
Can You Freeze Store-Bought Spring Rolls?
It is possible to freeze store-bought spring rolls like freezing homemade spring rolls. Please ensure they are cooled to room temperature.
Can You Freeze The Chinese Restaurant Takeaway Spring Rolls?
Yes, there is no problem freezing takeaway spring rolls. The freezing process is the same.
Can You Freeze The Rice Paper Spring Rolls?
You can freeze rice paper spring rolls, but we advise you to be careful. The rice paper spring rolls are delicate and can get damaged if you do not handle them properly.
Can You Freeze Duck Spring Rolls?
Freezing duck spring rolls is possible. However, please ensure that the fillings are hot when you serve them.
Can You Freeze Spring Rolls After Frying?
You can fry the spring rolls before freezing. But, please ensure that they are cooled to room temperature. We also advise you to remove excess oil from the surface using paper towels.
Can You Freeze Vietnamese Spring Rolls?
Freezing cooked Vietnamese spring rolls is possible. The process is the same as we have described here.
Can You Freeze Spring Rolls Before Cooking Them?
We do not advise freezing spring rolls before cooking them because they do not freeze well.
Can You Freeze Spring Roll Wrappers?
You can freeze spring roll wrappers comfortably.
Can You Freeze Egg Spring Rolls?
Yes. It is possible to freeze egg spring rolls. We have already discussed the entire procedure here.
Can You Freeze Vegetable Spring Rolls?
You can freeze vegetable spring rolls, provided you have not used potatoes in the recipe. Potatoes can become grainy when frozen. Thus, they can affect the taste of the spring rolls.
Can You Freeze Spring Roll Filling?
You can freeze spring roll filling. The flour or starch content in the filling can provide a protective coating that will make the spring rolls turn crispy when fried.
Can You Freeze The Spring Roll Mixture?
Yes, you can freeze the spring roll mixture.
Can You Freeze Chinese Chicken Spring Rolls?
It is possible to freeze the Chinese chicken spring rolls recipe described here.
Can You Freeze Spring Roll Pastry?
Freezing spring roll pastries is possible. However, you have to be aware of the condensation issues that can ruin the wrappers. Therefore, we suggest having additional protection.
Spring rolls are best consumed fresh and hot. However, if you have made excess spring rolls, you can preserve them for consumption later on. Freezing the spring rolls is ideal for maintaining their taste and flavor.
So, can you freeze spring rolls? Yes, it is possible to freeze spring rolls.