How Much Does A Case of Water Weigh?
70% of human body is water, but can one survive without water? The answer itself is self-defeating. Nevertheless, it underlines the significance water has in the world.
So, if water is so essential to life, can you answer, ‘how much does a case of water weigh?’ I am sure that 99 out of 100 might fail the test.
Since you have landed on this page, two things are certain.
- You belong to the 99 who do not know the answer to the question ‘How heavy is a case of water weigh?’
- Secondly, you belong to the rare breed that wants to know how heavy is water?.
Can you guess what the correct answer would be? It would not be a problem even if you cannot because we will see how much a case of water weighs in the following paragraphs.
But have you ever tried lifting a case of water? If not, you can do so the next time you visit the departmental store.
How Much Does One Case of Water Weigh?
Here we return to the question, “How much does a case of water weigh,” the answer depends on various factors.
- How many bottles of water does a case have? It can vary because the small cases contain 24 bottles, whereas the medium-sized and larger cases include 32, 40 and 48 bottles.
- How much water can one bottle contain? It can vary again because water bottle can hold 12 oz, 16.9 oz, and 24 oz of water. Besides, you also have 1L bottles. Such bottles come packed with 12 bottles per case. 2L water bottles come filled with nine bottles per case.
- How much does an empty bottle weigh?
- How much does the empty case weigh?
- What is the weight of the other packaging material?
We will not dig too deep into the matter for this article but confine ourselves to the 16.9 oz water bottles because it is the standard size. But, we will do some math with 1L and 2L bottles also.
Before getting into details of these question, lets find out standard water bottle weight.
How Much Does A Bottle of Water Weigh?
A standard size water bottle weighs 16.9 oz.
Now we know how heavy is a water bottle, lets use this information to find out how heavy is a case of water?.
- Weight of water in a standard-sized bottle – 16.9 oz
- Number of bottles in a case – 24
- Therefore, the total weight of the water equals 16.9 oz multiplied by 24 = 405.6 oz
- 16 ounces equals 1 lb
- Therefore, 405.6 oz divided by 16 gives 25.35 lbs.
Similarly, you can work out the weight of 32, 40 and 48 bottles.
- 24 water bottles weigh 16.9 x 24 = 405.6 oz that translates to 25.35 lbs
- 32 water bottles weigh 16.9 x 32 = 540.8 oz that translates to 33.8 lbs
- 40 water bottles weigh 16.9 x 40 = 676 oz translating to 42.25 lbs
- 48 water bottles weigh 16.9 x 48 = 811.2 oz translating to 50.7 lbs
This table should simplify things and make our calculations easy.
|Number of Bottles in a case||Net Weight of the bottles filled with water (lbs)||Packaging Weight in lbs (approx.)||Total Weight in lbs (approx.)|
|24||25.35||1 or 2 lbs||26 to 27 lbs|
|32||33.8||1 or 2 lbs||35 to 36 lbs|
|40||42.25||1 or 2 lbs||43 to 44 lbs|
|48||50.7||1 or 2 lbs||51to 52 lbs|
The packaging weight includes the weight of the PET bottles plus the weight of the plastic caps.
So, now, if we ask you the question, ‘how many pounds a case of water,’ there should not be any problem.
How Many Pounds In A Water Bottle?
A standard water bottle weighs 1.05 pounds.
How Many Pounds Is A Case Of Water?
A case of standard water bottle weighs around 26 to 27 pounds.
How Many Pounds Is A 24 Pack Of Water?
A 24 pack of water bottles weighs around 26 to 27 lbs.
How Many Pounds Is A 32 Pack Of Water?
A 32 pack of water bottles weighs around 35 to 36 lbs.
How Many Pounds Is A 40 Pack Of Water?
A 40 pack of water bottles weighs around 43 to 4 lbs.
Let us now perform the same calculations using 1L water bottles. First, however, we have to perform some background calculations before calculating how much a case containing 1L bottles weighs.
So, we must convert oz into ml or liter to simplify our calculations. Therefore, let us answer some questions quickly.
Which Country Uses oz to Measure The Volume of Liquid?
The United States uses fluid ounces to measure the volume of a liquid. For example, one cup generally contains 8 oz, whereas a pint equals 16 oz.
How Much Does 16.9 oz Measure in ml?
One fluid ounce is 29.574 ml. Therefore, 16.9 oz equals 499.8006 ml. We can round it off to 500 ml (half a liter).
How Much Will A Case Containing 12 1L Bottles Weigh?
Similarly, How Much Does A Case Holding Nine 2L Bottles Weigh?
We can use the same formula discussed in the article to arrive at our answer.
We now know that 16.9 oz equals 500 ml. Therefore, 1L will be equal to 16.9 x 2 = 37.8 oz. Therefore, 2L will be 37.8 oz x 2 = 75.6 oz
- Net weight of water in 12 1L bottles = 37.8 oz x 12 = 453.6 oz
- 6 oz divided by 16 gives 28.35 lbs
- Net weight of water in 9 2L bottles = 75.6 oz x 9 = 680.40 oz
- 680.40 oz divided by 16 gives 42.53 lbs
We shall use a similar table to simplify our calculations.
|Number of Bottles in a case||Volume of Bottle (Ltrs)||Net Weight of the bottles filled with water (lbs)||Packaging Weight in lbs (approx.)||Total Weight in lbs (approx.)|
|12||1||28.35 lbs||Around 2 lbs||30 to 31 lbs|
|9||2||42.53 lbs||Around 2 lbs||42 to 43 lbs|
How Can We Calculate lbs into kilograms? So, How Much Does One Case of Water Weigh in kgs?
One lb (pound) is equal to 0.4536 Kg. Therefore, the weight of the case in kgs will be as follows.
|Volume of water in a bottle||Number of bottles in a case||Weight of the case (lbs)||Weight of the case in kgs|
|16.9 oz||24||26 to 27||11.79 to 12.25|
|1 L||12||30 to 31||13.61 to 14.06|
|2 L||9||42 to 43||19.05 to 19.50|
How many times would we have purchased a water bottle from the departmental store? But, has it ever occurred to us what could be the weight of a case of water? This article helps create awareness in this regard. So, the next time you visit a departmental store, try lifting a case of water and enrich your experience.